Tuesday, January 20, 2015

What I look for in a place to eat

There are times when I feel like filling the pit., there are times when I want atmosphere. What is the difference you may ask?

Sometimes a good food truck hits the spot and doesn't hurt the wallet and sometimes it does both.
There are places that call themselves restaurants and places that call themselves bars. Depending on your mood either may satisfy or make you wish you never walked through the door.

My father raised me with the ideal that good food is good food. No matter the culture or the cook. I try never to allow the look of a place turn me off, unless of course its less than sanitary. when in the south, I was taught and now believe that if its very fancy looking and more than a glorified shack, don't bother.

All that should matter is the food. if its served on a paper plate and the meat falls off the bone and makes you want more.. didn't your wish for good BBQ just come true?

I hope to bring to the attention of the readers that whether the food is served on a truck or in a 5 star restaurant, at the end of the day, it's the food that matters. If the food is over priced and garbage, I will call that place out. If it's fabulous but the place is well not to everyone's taste I will say as much.
But remember if I like a place for it's food, the look is last on my list of concerns.

Thank you for Reading..

No comments:

Post a Comment