Thursday, January 29, 2015

Columbus Ohio: Ena's Kitchen

For those that know me, I grew up in Brooklyn, NY. I know and love Jamaican and West Indian foods.
Where I live, now, good places either don't last or exist. But when I am out and about I do look for them.

I worked in Columbus for over a year, traveling back and forth and discovered a gem of a place.

Ena's Caribbean Kitchen
2444 Cleveland Ave
Columbus, OH 43211-1662

This place is as authentic as they come. Family owned and run, all learned from Mrs. Ena (about us on their website)
All my meals were delicious: from Oxtail to Curry Goat, my personal favorite and go to dishes to gage the quality of a restaurant.
The portions are huge, so don't let the prices fool you. You will be stuffed or have enough for a second meal depending on your appetite.

They also serve home made Sorrel, you need to ask for it.  This website explains it best: Sorrel from Caribbean Pot website - click here

My Recommendation is to try a beef/chicken patty with coco bread. This is a cheap and easy lunch for someone on the go, most Jamaican/Caribbean restaurants serve it.you place the patty in the cocoa bread. it's very filling. :-)

Buon Appetito!





No comments:

Post a Comment