Thursday, June 4, 2015

Split Rock Station, Suffern NY.

I spent my birthday going from watering hole to watering hole. :-)
Dinner Stop was at Split Rock Station to try their BBQ.

Click here



As I said in my previous blog about getting Defiant, Rockland's BBQ choices are severely limited and lacking. I have to say that SRS is far better than Bailey's and a close second to Defiant.
The Pit Sampler is huge and enough for 2 people maybe more.

It comes with: (left) Ribs,pulled pork, brisket and
(right) 2 sides: we chose corn souffle and sweet potato fries.

The ribs were tasty and didn't fall off the bone but it didn't need much coaching to do so..
The Brisket was very tender and much better and the pulled pork was very moist as well.

All in all the combination was a hit. :-)

Our 3 kids got the burgers.. Texas and Western burgers:

 
2 Western: frizzled onions, crunchy bacon, cheddar and drenched in BBQ sauce
1 Texas: chili, raw onions and cheddar

Nothing was left on their plates, my wife and I brought the rest of the sampler home.

I was wished a very happy Birthday and given my first drink free, which I thought was very kind.
Thank you Seth and SRS for giving me an option for when I am in Suffern.

Buon Appetito

No comments:

Post a Comment