Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Ocean Empire Restaurant - Pomona, NY

I have lived in Rockland for about 18 years now. I have seen Ocean Empire on my trips through route 45 and 202. and never ventured to try as I was always headed someplace ..

click here

I have to say, I wish I had tried them earlier, they are very decent.
I was a fan of Shen Wang in New City until the changed their "style" of cooking. Shen Wang is very clean and the food is Ok but it was much better and less many not too long ago.

Ocean Empire is a place I would go back to.. I had a very good meal, good portions and decent price.

I had the lunch special :
Hot and sour soup, Garlic beef with white rice. and we had steamed dumplings ..
My wife got the pork and mixed vegetables and my daughter got the sesame chicken.

Hot and sour soup is very tricky for many places that are "americanized". There's a consistency and taste as well as the mushrooms etc that should be in it.
Ocean had it right:
hot and sour soup

steamed dumplings



 The steamed dumplings where nice.. not Cantonese or Chinatown style, not the thick dough dumplings.. (which are good) this was in between.. and they had the broth inside so it made it that much more tasty.


beef and garlic sauce
 The pork and beef dishes were not "watery" or soupy as they can be in some places. This was very refreshing..

pork and mixed vegetables


Buon Appetito!


No comments:

Post a Comment