Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Fat Thursday - Warsaw Deli Stamford CT

I learned about Fat Thursday when I worked in Stamford Connecticut.
I frequented the polish deli, Warsaw Deli. just off Washington Blvd.

Warsaw Deli - click here

You name it they have it. Everything is a sausage, it's heaven.
Fat Thursday is just before lent and you eat as many Paczki (fried donut) as possible. I prefer the unglazed paczki. :-)

What is Paczki Day? - click here  

One of my favorite things to get is stuffed duck sandwich on a roll with mayo. OK i am hungry now.
Also, zurec which is a white sausage soup.

Zurek - click here 

The available soup is at their discretion , so its hit or miss if they made it.
It is not served in a bread bowl (per the link) , unless they changed. :-)
You will not be disappointed by what you can find in this deli.

Buon Appetito!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment